Etc.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
  Day One: Gesso and Roses
I've decided to hold myself accountable, for I have developed a recent tendency to be lazy. So, each day (or, let's be honest, each week) I will upload any progress or lack thereof made toward my art. I have various projects going on: dodo napkins, the Nice Jenkins CD cover, and a huge 42" x 5' canvas that I've had for over a year and a half but am just now doing something with it. Here are some pictures from today's work:



That's right...All I did today was buy gesso. If you don't know what gesso (pronounced jess-oh) is, it's a white substance used to cover a naked canvas or a canvas that has been painted upon with a horrible example of one's creativity and/or skill. I have a situation of the latter variety. So, step 1 is complete. Step 2--getting a 42" x 5' canvas to my house is another ordeal yet to be resolved.

On another note, I made Valentines cards a la Sandra Lee of the Food Network. I bought pre-cut cards and a rose stamp, but added my own touches of color. See below:

Antique Rose


Green Rose


Bunny Trapped in a Rose
My stamping wasn't all that great, leaving a part of the rose white with some detailed outlining that looked like bunny ears. Thus, a bunny in a rose.


On a sidenote, albeit a major one, I do not know how to operate my digital camera all that well. Hopefully better images to come in the future.
 
Comments:
That bunny cracked me up. Cool stuff!
 
I was inspired by those images of Mother Theresa's face in a cinnamon roll. Brilliant.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / February 2008 /


Powered by Blogger